Not Sure What You’re Looking For?
2006 BMW K1200R
On the street respect isn't given - you've gotta earn it.
With 163 horsepower and pavement-scorching torque, the K 1200 R is the most powerful naked bike ever to roll off the assembly line. Delivering a potent combination of raw power and precise handling, this bike is born for aggressive riding. A raw, street smart design and low center of gravity means you can conquer any road, or any other rider foolish enough to challenge you. But the K 1200 R offers technology as well as muscle. From the revolutionary Duolever suspension to Electronic Suspension Adjustment and partially-integral ABS, the K 1200 R has more advancements than any other sport or naked bike on the road.
- Rear Suspension: BMW's EVO brakes and Paralever rear suspension keep road forces to a minimum. A specially designed suspension strut attached to the rear wheel allows improved responsiveness and keeps the rear end of the bike painted on the road at all times.
- Seat: Two choices of seat height - the standard 32.2 inch or an option 31.1 inch version. Every rider knows that the wider the seat, especially toward the front, the harder itis to reach the ground with your feet. This seat has been optimized in terms of step length: markedly slimmer towards the front, giving more freedom of movement for sports-style riding, while broad at the rear, for more comfort.
- Gearbox: Features the same gear ratios as the K 1200 S, offering accurate, light shift action via a maintenance-friendly design. Gear ratios: 1st - 2.521:1, 2nd - 1.842:1, 3rd - 1.455:1, 4th - 1.287:1, 5th - 1.143:1, 6th - 1.015:1.
- Engine: Transversely installed at a 55 degree inclined angle for a low center of gravity, the K 1200 R engine is a stree-tuned version of the K1200 S offering 163 hp and 127Nm of toque. The flat narrow configuration is equivalent to a 600 cc engine in size and allows the rider to lean the bike aggressively into tight curves. Heightened reliability is gain via the 'cam followers' technology adopted from Formula-1 auto racing.
- Brakes: The combination of 12.5 inch, twin-disc front and 10.3 inch, single disc rear braking system, with their close regulating intervals, gives the K 1200 R exceptionally short braking distances. (Somthing not usually found on most sport machines.) In combination with the optimal weight distribution provided by the overall design of the bike, the K 1200 R offers heightened safety with minimal manual effort. Partially integral ABS braking is available as an option.
- Front Suspension: The K 1200 R's outstanding handling is due to a Duolever suspension system that provides added agility and continuous brake dive compensation over entire length (4.5 inches) of suspension travel. Updates including a modified steering head angle and low frame connection contribute to its superb handling
- Headlights: Using a configuration similar to that of the R 1200 GS, the K 1200 R offers brilliant illumination through an optimally focused light cone.
- Windscreen: Designed to be small and subtle so as not to detract from the overall design, the windscreen provides surprisingly effective wind and weather protection
- Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA): The optional ESA system allows the rider to adjust for different road conditions and varying loads for a very individualized riding style. At the touch of a button, the rider is able to choose between three setting (Normal, Comfort, and Sport) for front and rear suspension as well adjusting for suspension preload.
- Large Info Flat Screen: Clear, easily visible indicators of distance, oil temp, remaining fuel, selected gear, remaining range, actual time and suspension setting with the optional Electric Suspension Adjustment
- Type: Water-cooled, four-stroke inline 4-cylinder engine, dual camshaft, four valves per cylinder
- Bore x stroke: 3.1 inches (79 mm) x 2.3 inches (59 mm)
- Displacement: 1157 cc
- Horsepower: 163 bhp @ 10,250 rpm
- Torque: 93.6 lb-ft @ 8,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 13.0:1
- Valve gear: DOHC
- Valves: 2 x 32 mm intake / 2 x 27.5 mm exhaust
- Primary drive: 1:1.559
- Clutch: Hydraulically operated multi-disc wet clutch
- Gear ratios 1st: 2.521:1, 2nd: 1.842:1, 3rd: 1.455:1, 4th: 1.287:1, 5th: 1.143:1, 6th: 1.015:1
- Final drive system: Enclosed driveshaft with two universal joints
- Final drive ratio: 2.82:1
- Frame: Bridge frame in aluminum with load-bearing engine
- Front suspension: BMW Duolever
- Front travel:: 4.5 inches
- Rear suspension BMW EVO Paralever
- Rear travel: 5.3 inches
- ESA (Optional): Adjusts for Normal, Sport or Comfort for:
- Brake system: BMW EVO partial-integral ABS
- Front brakes: 12.6 inches double-disc EVO brake system with floating brake discs and four-piston fixed caliper
- Rear brakes: 10.3 inches single disc brake with fixed double-piston caliper
- ABS (Optional): BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (partially integral version)
- Front wheel: 23.50 x 17 cast aluminum
- Rear wheel: 5.50 x 17 cast aluminum
- Front tire: 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear tire: 180/55 ZR 17
- On board computer
- BMW EVO partial Integral ABS
- Heated handgrips
- Anti-theft alarm
- ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment)
- Sports windshield
- Sports wheel
- White indicators
- Tank bag
- BMW Motorrad Navigation System
- Dust cover
- Luggage rack
- Center stand
- Pannier holder
- Case holder
- Clear turn signal lenses
- Waterproof Tank rucksack
- Waterproof Sports bag
- Sports Pannier left and right
- Soft case
- Sports case
- Hazard warning flashers
- Single key locks
- Closed loop 3-way catalytic converter
- Side stand with starter inhibit
- Stainless steel brake and clutch lines
- Diagnostic interface
- Electronic immobilizer
- Info flat screen
- Power socket
- Overall length: 87.7 inches
- Overall width: 33.7 inches
- Wheelbase: 62.2 inches
- Seat height: 31.1 inches - 32.2 inches
- Steering angle: 61 degrees
- Weight - Dry: 465 lbs. with standard equipment
- Weight - Wet: 523 lbs. with standard equipment
- Maximum load: 992 lbs. GVWR
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke inline 4-cylinder engine, dual camshaft, four valves per cylinder
- 1157 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 79 x 59 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Front Suspension
- BMW Duolever
- Rear Suspension
- BMW EVO Paralever
- Front Brakes
- 12.6 inches double-disc EVO brake system with floating brake discs and four-piston fixed caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 10.3 inches single disc brake with fixed double-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 62.2 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.1 in. - 32.2 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.0 U.S. gal.
- Fuel consumption 0-62.1 miles(100 km) at a constant 56.0 mph (90 km/h): 1.2 gal., Fuel consumption 0-62.1 miles(100 km) at a constant 74.6 mph (120 km/h): 1.5 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 465 lbs. with standard equipment
- Final Drive
- Enclosed driveshaft with two universal joints. 2.82:1
- Dark Graphite MEtallic/ White Aluminum, Sun Yellow/ Dark Slate Matte Metallic, White Aluminum Metallic/ Dark Slate Matte Metallic