Not Sure What You’re Looking For?
2008 Yamaha Raptor 250
In a class by itself! There's more than one way to skin a trail, and the all-new Raptor 250 does it with light weight and cat-like reflexes. Packing big Raptor styling and real Sport ATV performance, this feisty Raptor is in a class by itself.
- Lightest production sport ATV ever—for amazingly nimble handling and a great power-to-weight ratio.
- Aggressive Raptor style and stance for maximum performance and excellent, all-day sport-riding ergonomics.
- Class-exclusive five-speed manual transmission has a gear for almost any terrain.
- Torquey, durable air-cooled engine puts out plenty of power and starts with the push of a button.
- Low-profile 19-inch rear tires for outstanding traction and handling.
- Longest suspension travel and lowest seat in its class for true sport handling.
- Light and powerful 249cc air-cooled SOHC four-stroke single produces a broad, deep powerband.
- Five-speed gearbox with manual clutch provides the flexibility to tackle pretty much any track or trail.
- 29mm Mikuni carburetor provides light throttle pull and excellent throttle response across the entire rpm range.
- Electric starting is standard equipment and works in any gear.
- DC-CDI ignition system delivers consistent spark at all rpm levels—for quick throttle response and a smooth, broad powerband.
- Ceramic composite cylinder liner for greatly reduced wear and excellent heat dissipation.
- Oil cooler keeps engine temps down and lubrication up in hot conditions.
- New-design airbox features no-tools air filter access.
- New-design three-chamber muffler is light, quiet and boosts low and midrange performance.
- Light, strong, short-wheelbase chassis creates a quick, super-responsive high-performance package.
- Low, 28.7-inch seat height enhances rider comfort and allows optimal rider movement.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension with five-way preload-adjustable shocks gives 7.5 inches of wheel travel.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for excellent suspension performance, acceleration, deceleration and handling.
- Triple hydraulic disc brakes deliver excellent stopping power even in wet conditions.
- Extra-wide, YFZ450-style footpegs provide excellent grip and rider comfort.
- Easy-to-use, flip-type handlebar-mounted parking brake can be set with one hand.
- Rigid and light swingarm rear end is controlled by a shock with adjustable preload and 7.9 inches of wheel travel, for consistent wheel control and rider comfort.
- New-design Dunlop tires deliver outstanding traction for razor-sharp handling in a variety of terrain.
- Easy-adjust eccentric chain adjustment feature means hassle-free chain maintenance.
- Flat, composite skid plates provide maximum underbelly protection.
- Rugged steel grab bars front and rear help fend off debris and damage.
- Type: 249cc air-/oil-cooled 4-stroke; SOHC, 2 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 74.0 x 58.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Carburetion: Mikuni 29mm BSR
- Ignition: DC-CDI
- Starting System: Electric
- Transmission: 5-speed; wet multiplate clutch
- Drive Train: 2WD; sealed O-ring chain, eccentric adjustment
- Suspension/Front: Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload-adjustable shocks, 7.5-in travel
- Suspension/Rear: Swingarm, preload-adjustable, 7.9-in travel
- Brakes/Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic disc
- Tires/Front: AT20 x 7-10
- Tires/Rear: AT19 x 10-9
- L x W x H: 64.0 x 42.1 x 40.9 in
- Seat Height: 28.7 in
- Wheelbase: 43.7 in
- Ground Clearance: 3.9 in
- Fuel Capacity: 2.4 gal
- Dry Weight: 313 lb
- Lighting: Dual 30W Krypton multi-reflector headlights & 21/5W brakelight
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Dual 30-watt multi-reflector Krypton headlights straight off the potent YFZ450 add the perfect menacing appearance. Taillight has an incorporated brake light for added convenience.
- Waterproof electrical connectors for outstanding durability and reliability.
- Easy-access grease fittings on all chassis lubrication points simplify maintenance and help extend the life of the Raptor 250.
- New-design bodywork comes off without the need to disassemble electrical parts, airbox or wiring harness—for easy maintenance.
- 2.4-gallon fuel tank means less filling up and longer, more enjoyable rides
- Engine Type
- 249 cc air-/oil-cooled 4-stroke; SOHC, 2 valves
- 249 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 74.0 x 58.0 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Starting System
- Ignition: DC-CDI; Starting System: Electric
- Front Suspension
- Independent double wishbone; 5-way preload-adjustable shocks
- Front Travel
- 7.5 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual hydraulic disc
- Front Tires
- AT20 x 7-10
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm, preload-adjustable
- Rear Travel
- 7.9 in.
- Rear Tires
- AT19 x 10-9
- Dry Weight
- 313 lbs
- Rear Rack Capacity
- Hydraulic disc
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.4 gal.
- Ground Clearance
- 3.9 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 64.0" x 42.1" x 40.9"
- 43.7 in.
- Drive Train
- 2WD; sealed O-ring chain, eccentric adjustment
- 5-speed; wet multiplate clutch
- Dual 30W Krypton multi-reflector headlights & 21/5W brakelight
- Team Yamaha Blue/White, Gray/Red
- 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)