Not Sure What You’re Looking For?
2018 Triumph Tiger 1200 XR
The perfect entry point into the epic Tiger 1200 line-up comes with this the new Tiger XR.
An irresistible blend of all-day-riding comfort combined with technology-packed features, the new XR is 2kg lighter than its predecessor and boasts the upgraded more responsive Triple engine, enhanced ergonomics and ride-enhancing features including three riding modes, cruise control, switchable ABS and traction control, plus brand new cast wheels and lighter silencer.
High specification Brembo brakes, WP adjustable suspension, adjustable seat height and electronically adjustable screen and a centre stand all add to this amazing motorcycle's versatility.
- Lighter by 4.4 Lbs: The XR is an impressive 4.4 pounds lighter than its predecessor, enhancing its handling and maneuverability. This has been achieved through changes across the whole motorcycle including a lighter flywheel, crankshaft, exhaust silencer and battery.
- More powerful and responsive engine: The base specification Tiger XR includes the upgraded 1200 engine with more peak power of 141 PS (at 9,350rpm) and maximum torque of 122Nm (at 7,600rpm), for a more immediate power delivery and feel, and even better all day, smooth reliable riding.
- New lighter exhaust: The new shorter and lighter exhaust delivers a notably more thrilling Tiger Triple soundtrack.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 1,215 cc
- Compression: 11.0:1
- Max Power EC: 141PS / 139 bhp (104kW) @ 9,350 rpm
- Max Torque EC: 122Nm @ 7,600 rpm
- System: Ride by Wire, fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 header system, side mounted stainless steel silencer
- Final drive: Shaft drive
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate hydraulically operated, torque assist
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Swingarm: Single-sided, cast aluminum alloy with shaft drive
- Front Wheels: Cast aluminum alloy 10-spoke 19 x 3.0 in.
- Rear Wheels: Cast aluminum alloy 10-spoke 17 x 4.5 in.
- Front Tires: 120/70 R19
- Rear Tires: 170/60 R17
- Front Suspension: WP 48 mm upside-down forks, rebound and compression damping adjustment on fork caps, 190 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: WP monoshock, rebound damping adjustment, hydraulic preload adjustment, 193 mm wheel travel
- Brakes Front: Twin 305 mm floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo 4-piston calipers, switchable ABS
- Brakes Rear: Single 282 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: TFT multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, ambient temperature, and clock.
- Width Handlebars: 830 mm
- Height Without Mirror: 1,470 mm
- Seat Height: 835 - 855 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,520 mm
- Rake: 23.2 º
- Trail: 99.9 mm
- Dry Weight: 533.5 lb.
- Tank Capacity: 5.28 gal.
- Fuel Consumption **: 54.3 MPG
- CO2 figures **: EURO 4 Standard: 122 g/km.
- 2kg lighter than previous model
- Significantly upgraded 1215cc triple engine
- New stylish cast wheels
- New lighter weight silencer
- High 10,000 mile/16,000km major service interval
- Torque assist hydraulic clutch
- Switchable ABS and Traction Control
- 3 riding modes Road, Rain and Off-Road
- Brembo monobloc front brake calipers
- Adjustable WP front and rear suspension
- Cruise control
- Unique-in-class electrically adjustable screen
- 2 position Adjustable seat height
- Centre stand
- Protective sump guard
- On Board computer
- 12V & USB Power Sockets
- Engine Type
- 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- 1,215 cc
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Ride by Wire, fuel injection
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- WP 48 mm upside-down forks, rebound and compression damping adjustment on fork caps, 190 mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- WP monoshock, rebound damping adjustment, hydraulic preload adjustment, 193 mm wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 305 mm floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo 4-piston calipers, switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 282 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70 R19
- Rear Tire
- 170/60 R17
- 1,520 mm
- Seat Height
- 835 - 855 mm
- 23.2 deg.
- 99.9 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.28 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 533.5 lb.
- Jet Black