Not Sure What You’re Looking For?
2018 Triumph Tiger 800 XR
The new road-loving Tiger 800 XR is a no-nonsense bike that’s perfect for touring the world’s highways, with superb off the beaten track handling.
The XR is a ride with a smooth delivery and confidence-inducing capability. The more responsive Triumph 800 Triple engine and the lighter, improved exhaust system are just two of the many features, innovations and modifications that have been designed into the latest generation of the XR model.
19-inch aluminium cast front wheel and Metzeler Tourance tyres work in harmony with the adjustable suspension of the XR for a smooth and comfortable road ride. You’ll benefit from the new shorter ratio first gear, giving you more low-speed traction and instant responsiveness right when you need it most. All this is in addition to category-defining core technologies including ride-by-wire throttle and switchable ABS and traction control.
The new Tiger 800 XR sets the bar for all-road, all-day comfort.
- More responsive engine: The thrilling new generation, mass-optimised 800cc Triple engine delivers 95PS and brings with it even more responsiveness and acceleration.
- Shorter ratio first gear: The new shorter ratio first gear delivers enhanced low-speed traction and instant responsiveness right when you need it most, both off-road and on.
- New lighter exhaust: The new lighter exhaust delivers an even better Triple soundtrack.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 800 cc
- Compression: 11.3:1
- Max Power EC: 95 PS/ 94 bhp (70 kW) @ 9,500 rpm
- Max Torque EC: 79Nm @ 8,050 rpm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 header system, side mounted stainless steel silencer
- Final drive: O-ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Swingarm: Twinsided, cast aluminium alloy
- Front Wheels: Cast aluminium alloy 10-spoke 19 x 2.5 in.
- Rear Wheels: Cast aluminium alloy 10-spoke 17 x 4.25 in.
- Front Tires: 100/90-19
- Rear Tires: 150/70 R17
- Front Suspension: Showa 43 mm upside down forks, 180 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Showa monoshock with hydraulically adjustable preload, 170 mm rear wheel travel
- Brakes Front: Twin 305 mm floating discs, Nissin 2piston sliding calipers, Switchable ABS
- Brakes Rear: Single 255 mm disc, Nissin single piston sliding caliper, Switchable ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: LCD multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, analogue tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, ambient temperature, and clock.
- Width Handlebars: 795 mm
- Height Without Mirror: 1,350 mm
- Seat Height: 810 - 830 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,530 mm
- Rake: 23.8 º
- Trail: 86.6 mm
- Dry Weight: 199 kg
- Tank Capacity: 19 L
- Thrilling new generation 800cc engine providing more power and torque low down
- Lower ratio 1st gear improving acceleration and off-road traction
- Lighter, freer-flowing exhaust
- New cast road wheels including 19” front
- Switchable ABS and Traction Control
- Tailored ergonomics - adjustable seat height, handlebar position, brake and clutch levers
- Metzeler Tourance tyres
- On Board computer
- 12V & USB Power Sockets
- Engine Type
- 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- 800 cc
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- 6 speed
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Front Suspension
- Showa 43 mm upside down forks, 180 mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- Showa monoshock with hydraulically adjustable preload, 170 mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 305 mm floating discs, Nissin 2piston sliding calipers, Switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 255 mm disc, Nissin single piston sliding caliper, Switchable ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 150/70 R17
- 1,530 mm
- Seat Height
- 810 - 830 mm
- 23.8 deg.
- 86.6 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 19 L
- Dry Weight
- 199 kg
- Jet Black