Not Sure What You’re Looking For?
2018 Yamaha MT-10
RISE TO PURE POWER
Achieve next level exhilaration around every corner in every gear on the MT-10.
- Latest Generation Crossplane Crankshaft Engine: The potent 998cc inline 4-cylinder engine features the same Crossplane Crankshaft technology developed in Yamaha’s renowned YZF-R1® superbike. Tuned specifically for the MT-10™, this engine develops awesome low- and mid-rpm torque with arm-stretching top-end power.
- Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle with D-MODE and Cruise Control: The MT-10 features YCC-T®—a ride-by-wire throttle system that provides exceptionally precise engine control—and D-Mode, which allows the rider to select a preferred engine response at the flick of a switch. The MT-10 also includes cruise control for improved highway cruising comfort.
- Adjustable Traction Control System: An advanced Traction Control System (TCS) assists the rider in managing traction on various road conditions by quickly modulating throttle opening, ignition timing, fuel volume and other parameters.
- Deltabox® Aluminum Frame: Like the YZF-R1 superbike, the MT-10 uses an aluminum Deltabox frame to create a lightweight and responsive chassis built for agility, featuring an ultra-compact 55.1-inch wheelbase.
- Fully-Adjustable KYB® Suspension: The MT-10 features a fully-adjustable inverted KYB® front fork and a four-way-adjustable, linkage-type KYB® shock, for excellent road holding along with a tuning range ready for a wide range of street conditions.
- Powerful, Controllable Brakes with ABS: An advanced Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) is mated to high-specification braking components for strong braking power with excellent feedback and control.
- Aggressive Ergonomics and Styling: The MT-10 displays raw aggression from every angle, with upright ergonomics that perfectly balance sport riding feedback and relaxed comfort. High-tech LED lighting and an all-LCD instrument panel boost both style and function.
- R1-Derived Crossplane Crankshaft Engine: The potent 998cc inline 4-cylinder engine features the same Crossplane Crankshaft technology developed in Yamaha’s renowned YZF-R1 superbike. The Crossplane design nearly eliminates inertial engine torque to provide a direct connection between the throttle and rear wheel, for maximum traction and linear torque feeling. Tuned specifically for the needs of the high-performance street rider, the MT-10 engine develops awesome low- and mid-rpm torque with arm-stretching top-end power.
- Cutting-Edge Engine Design: The MT-10 motor features the very latest in engine design to create the ultimate high-performance street sportbike. Engine reliability is ensured with strong, lightweight forged pistons and carburized fracture-split connecting rods moving through an extremely rigid, closed-deck cylinder block. The engine’s cylinders are slightly offset to reduce friction losses, with plated bores for excellent heat dissipation and cylinder sealing.
- Compact Stacked Transmission: The 6-speed transmission "stacks" the crankshaft, input and output shafts in a triangular layout to centralize mass and keep the engine shorter front-to-back, which allows optimized engine placement in the frame for outstanding handling.
- Rocker-Arm Valvetrain: Rocker-arm valve actuation utilizes the lever ratio of each rocker arm to allow for larger valve lifts while using lower camshaft lobes and reduced spring pressure, further boosting power and efficiency.
- Oversized Intake System: A huge 12-liter airbox improves rideability, especially when transferring from acceleration to deceleration or vice versa, while 12-hole fuel injectors are angled to optimize combustion chamber filling for improved power and torque characteristics.
- High-Capacity Cooling System: A large curved radiator keeps engine heat in check, while a compact air- cooled oil cooler ensures stable oil temperatures in any condition. Simplified pipe and hose routing minimizes the need for additional parts, saving weight.
- Lightweight Exhaust System: The MT-10‘s exhaust system is manufactured from durable stainless steel with a lightweight titanium muffler. A compact midship exhaust chamber contributes to mass centralization for optimal handling. Exhaust flow is regulated by Yamaha’s Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®) system to provide optimal exhaust back-pressure across the entire rpm range, further improving efficiency.
- Advanced Clutch: Yamaha’s assist and slipper clutch is used to give the rider smoother, more confident downshifts when entering corners aggressively, as well as a lighter pull effort at the lever, all while easily handling the torque of the MT-10’s high-output, inline-four motor.
- Advanced Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle: The ride-by-wire Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T®) system senses the slightest throttle input by the rider and instantaneously calculates the ideal throttle valve opening, and then actuates the throttle valves to actively control intake volume. This technology contributes to the rider’s feeling of torque and controllability from the potent 4-cylinder engine.
- Revised D-Mode Mapping: Thanks to YCC-T, the MT-10 also offers D-Mode, which allows the rider to select a preferred engine response at the flick of a switch. 2018 brings refined fuel injection and D-Mode settings. Modes are now numbered, with Mode 1 providing the sharpest throttle response, Mode 2 offering a good all-around character, and Mode 3 offering the smoothest, most progressive throttle response.
- Adjustable Traction Control System: An advanced Traction Control System (TCS) assists the rider in managing traction on various road conditions by quickly modulating throttle opening, ignition timing, fuel volume and other parameters. TCS Level 1 is intended for sporty riding on clean roads, with Level 2 configured for normal street riding. Level 3 is tuned for wet roads and other low-traction situations. The TCS can also be disabled by the rider if they so choose.
- Cruise Control System: The MT-10 includes a cruise control system powered by the YCC-T. Using the left handlebar switchgear, the rider can easily select or adjust a set speed to ease long-distance touring on the highway, improving rider comfort.
- All-LCD Instrument Panel: A highly-legible instrument display provides crystal clear information for the rider at a glance. The all-LCD design is lightweight and compact, with a large speedometer display and bar-type tachometer. The panel also includes a fuel gauge and fuel economy readouts, a gear position indicator, clock, odometers and warning indicators. An upshift timing light is also programmable to the rider’s preferences.
- Deltabox® Aluminum Frame: The MT-10 uses an aluminum Deltabox frame derived from the YZF-R1 superbike to create a lightweight and responsive chassis built for agility, featuring an ultra-compact 55.1-inch wheelbase. The frame uses a strength-rigidity balance developed especially for the MT-10, and uses the engine as a stressed member of the frame for optimal balance and cornering performance.
- Fully-Adjustable KYB® Fork: The MT-10 features an inverted KYB® front fork with 43mm inner tubes and a 4.7-inch stroke offering full adjustability, for excellent front-end feel and road holding along with a tuning range ready for a wide range of street conditions.
- Linkage-Type KYB® Shock: The four-way-adjustable KYB® piggyback-style shock uses a rear bottom link pivot position that is optimally placed to provide optimal handling and excellent transmission of engine torque to the asphalt. Like the front fork, the MT-10’s rear suspension offers a wide range of adjustment and a smooth, well-controlled 4.7 inches of wheel travel.
- Powerful, Controllable Brakes with ABS: An advanced Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) is mated to high- specification braking components for the excellent braking power and control. Radial-mount, 4-piston front calipers use sintered brake pads to grip a pair of large 320mm discs for exceptional braking power, with a 220mm rear disc brake in support. A compact ABS module provides rapid and accurate brake force modulation to prevent wheel lock-ups.
- Lightweight Wheels and High-Performance Tires: The MT-10 rolls on lightweight 5-spoke aluminum wheels for nimble steering and suspension feel. Bridgestone® Hypersport™ S20 tires—a 120/70ZR17 front and a huge 190/55ZR17 at the rear—feature optimized structure engineered specifically for the MT-10, for chassis-matched handling and grip.
- Comfortable, Upright Ergonomics: MT-10 riders look forward to every ride thanks to upright ergonomics that perfectly balance sporty riding feedback and relaxed comfort, with a tapered aluminum handlebar and ideal placement of the seat and footpegs, plus a hip stopper that braces the rider under maximum acceleration. The sculpted 4.5-gallon fuel tank design allows for a solid feeling of knee grip and lower body control.
- High-Performance LED Lighting: In addition to LED turn signals, running lights and taillights, the MT-10 features compact LED headlights for stunning illumination and state-of-the-art style. The mono-focus headlight elements draw very little power but produce a crisp, brilliant beam of light for confidence and visibility in low-light conditions.
- Aggressive Styling: The MT-10 displays raw aggression from every angle, with a muscular central core that highlights the machine’s power and unmistakably futuristic styling. With its belligerent design and unique elements—including the compact frame-mounted front mask and dynamically shouldered fuel tank—the MT-10 stands out as the king of the MT series.
- Ready to Accessorize: The MT-10 arrives ready for personalization, with exposed hardware ideal for mounting a range of Genuine Yamaha accessories, including windscreens, chassis protection and other items. A standard 12V DC power outlet is ready to recharge your personal mobile devices or various electronic accessories.
- Engine Type: 998cc, liquid-cooled DOHC inline 4-cylinder; 16 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 79.0mm x 50.9mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel Injection with YCC-T
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate assist and slipper clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: 43mm KYB® inverted fork, fully adjustable; 4.7-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® piggyback shock, fully adjustable; 4.7-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual 320mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Brakes / Rear: 220mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Tires / Front: 120/70ZR17
- Tires / Rear: 190/55ZR17
- L x W x H: 82.5 in. x 31.5 in. x 43.7 in.
- Seat Height: 32.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 55.1 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 24.0 deg.
- Trail: 4.0 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 5.1 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 30 mpg
- Wet Weight: 463 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
New for 2018
- Revised D-Mode Mapping: 2018 brings refined fuel injection and D-Mode settings. Modes are now numbered, with Mode 1 providing the sharpest throttle response, Mode 2 offering a good all-around character, and Mode 3 offering the smoothest, most progressive throttle response.
NOTES:Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight. Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
- Engine Type
- DOHC inline 4-cylinder; 16 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 79.0mm x 50.9mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection with YCC-T
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- 6-speed; multiplate assist and slipper clutch
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 43mm KYB® inverted fork, fully adjustable; 4.7-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® piggyback shock, fully adjustable; 4.7-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual 320mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Rear Brakes
- 220mm hydraulic disc; ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.1 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.5 in.
- 24.0 deg.
- 4.0 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal.
- 30 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 463 lb.
- Matte Gray, Team Yamaha Blue
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)