Not Sure What You’re Looking For?
2020 Yamaha YZ125X
Call for Price
Level Up Your Performance
Designed to be the perfect step up to a full size X‑country machine, this light weight 2‑stroke is the pinnacle of performance on the race course.
- Two-Stroke Agility, Tuned for Cross-Country and Hare Scrambles Racing: The all-new YZ125X™ is optimized for the unique demands of Hare Scrambles and GNCC® racing. The YPVS™-equipped 125cc two-stroke engine is combined with a six-speed transmission for the ultimate cross-country power plant.
- Lightweight Aluminum Frame: Ultra-lightweight YZ125™-spec frame features carefully engineered combination of aluminum castings, forgings and extrusions for the perfect balance of rigidity and flex, with industry-leading fully adjustable, KYB® speed sensitive spring-type suspension tested and tuned specifically for the needs of cross-country racers.
- GNCC®-Specific features: 18-inch rear wheel, sealed O-ring chain, off-road focused tires and suspension settings, a standard side stand and fuel tank petcock with reserve position.
- Racing Style and Ergonomics: The YZ125X carries the racing heritage of the YZ motocrosser with aggressive styling from front fender to the rear brake protector, and is ready to race out of the crate, complete with an aluminum tapered handlebar, YZ-F-style foot pegs, gripper seat, and Dunlop® tires.
- Industry-Leading Suspension: Yamaha's renowned spring-type KYB® fork is matched with a long-travel shock, both fully adjustable and tuned for the demands of cross-country racing.
- GNCC®-Tuned YZ125 Power: Based on the legendary 125cc liquid-cooled, reed-valve-inducted YZ two-stroke engine, the YZ125X utilizes a revised compression ratio, Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS) timing, and a model-specific CDI unit—all focused on creating broad power delivery that suits off-road terrain and a wide range of rider skill levels.
- Revised Power Valve: The YZ125X features the patented Yamaha Power Valve System—with broader opening timing compared to the motocross version for smoother power—to create a smooth balance of power across the rev range.
- Narrow Exhaust Pipe: The compact exhaust expansion chamber provides both horizontal and vertical clearance on tight, technical trails, while still providing excellent exhaust efficiency.
- Racing Intake System: Specially designed carbon fiber reed-valve petals improve throttle response and engine performance across the entire rpm range.
- Six-Speed Transmission: Smooth-shifting six-speed transmission ensures proper gearing from tight woods sections to wide-open fire roads maximizing the power delivery form the two-stroke powerplant.
- YZ125 Cooling System: Large-capacity radiator features a large cooling core with protective louvers for maximum cooling efficiency and durability in racing conditions.
- Digital Ignition: Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark for faster, stronger response anywhere in the powerband, specifically tuned for the needs of the YZ125X.
- Industry-Leading KYB® Fork: Industry-leading, fully adjustable KYB® spring-type fork with speed-sensitive damping uses piston speed to control damping force for super-precise handling and a smooth ride, with minimal wasted stroke or abrupt shocks for the rider—all tuned for the demands of cross-country racing.
- Smooth KYB® Shock: Rear, fully adjustable KYB® shock features 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort, control and fantastic rear wheel traction in off-road conditions.
- Lightweight Subframe: Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
- YZ-Based Frame: A carefully engineered aluminum frame and swingarm give the YZ125X the famous handling proven by the championship winning YZ motocrosser on tracks around the world.
- 270mm Front Brake: Large 270mm front disc brake coupled with high-performance pad material offers outstanding machine control and performance, with exceptional stopping power and controllability.
- Enduro-Specific Wheels and Tires: Cross-country-spec Dunlop® Geomax® AT81 tires front and rear are ready to head straight to the races. An 18-inch rear tire has a taller sidewall to improve comfort and reduce pinch flats.
- Cross-Country Ergonomics: A racy "gripper" type seat and narrow fuel tank combine with a tapered aluminum handlebar and adjustable mounts to create greater freedom of movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
- Cross-Country Features: The YZ125X comes equipped with off-road focused tires with an 18" rear wheel, larger rear sprocket, a side stand, sealed O-ring chain and a reserve fuel petcock.
- Engine Type: 125cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore x Stroke: 54.0 mm x 54.5 mm
- Compression Ratio: 7.4~8.8:1
- Fuel Delivery: Carburetor
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; fully adjustable, 11.8 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.4 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Tires / Front: 90/90-21 Dunlop® AT81F
- Tires / Rear: 110/90-18 Dunlop® AT81
- L x W x H: 84.3 in. x 32.5 in. x 50.6 in.
- Seat Height: 37.6 in.
- Wheelbase: 57.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.8 deg.
- Trail: 4.6 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 13.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal.
- Wet Weight: 209 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore and Stroke
- 54.0 mm x 54.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Front Suspension
- KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; fully adjustable, 11.8 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Front Tire
- 90/90-21 Dunlop® AT81F
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.4 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Rear Tire
- 110/90-18 Dunlop® AT81
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 209 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.1 gal.
- 57.3 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.6 in.
- 4.6 in.
- 26.8 deg.
- 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)